What we collect
We may collect the following information, from the information you provide to us via the ‘Contact Us’ page of the website;
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, and address of the property for which you are seeking a quotation of services
- Other information relevant to the quotation and/or project
What we do with the information we gather
- We require this information to understand your needs and provide our best service. In particular, we require the information for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping, and to make your information available to our members of staff, including subcontractors, in connection with the quotation and project, unless you request otherwise
- To notify you about any changes to our service
- For internal reporting, such as statistics and data analysis
- If required by law for the purposes of our business requirements, such as auditors or Government bodies
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect via our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic, or lets you know when you visit a particular site. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosing your information
1. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Our sub-contractors, for providing quotation of services in accordance with the project at your property
- Suppliers, for the delivery of goods to your property in accordance with the project
- Any other third party who requires your information in accordance with the project
2. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Tuakana Ltd has substantially all its assets acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to ask us not to process your data, including for marketing purposes, in accordance with your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you email marketing from time to time. You can unsubscribe from such marketing at any time, using the relevant links located within the email. You can also contact us using the information below if you should wish to unsubscribe.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email your request outlining your request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact us via email , or write to us at Tuakana, Horseshoe Cottage, Pitmore Lane, Sway, Lymington, SO41 6BW.